lördag 10 december 2011

Caramel sauce

I used to work at McDonald's and their caramel sundays were to die for. I found caramel sauce in shops but they were not even near in taste. Until one day I went to work when I worked at Herrgår'n and somebody made caramel sauce. Sooooooo lovely. So I stole the recipe and have used for a long time until I lost it. It turns out Google is my friend and I actually found a very similar recipe, which is the one I have been using since.
Actually I took a picture of it but I happened to delete it from my camera... Well... you do know how caramel sauce looks like, don't you? ;O)

Ingredients
1 dl sugar
1 dl cream
1 dl light syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar

Instructions
Melt sugar, cream and syrup and let it cook slowly for about 5 minutes until golden and smooth looking. Add vanilla sugar.
It can then be used warm with ice cream, to fill pralines, or whatever comes to mind really. I love it. I could actually drink it if it were healthy... :O)

Mh... it seems I had already blogged about this recipe. It seems caramel sauce is some kind of favorite. Even funnier is that I actually wrote very similar comments there, too!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar